Monday, April 20, 2009

Sayadaw U Rajinda, the founder

When we were having lunch, he explained his future plan on the school he has founded though not in full-measure. Before talking about his idea, let me share something about his personal biography.

(photo) Sayadaw U Rajinda, the Founder
His name is U Rajinda. He is a holder of Dhammacariya Degree of the government. We have known him sine we were in Mandalay for our Buddhist study. He has been a very active monk in uniting monks and lay people together. And he was a president of Paoh Sotujana Organization and Paoh National Day Committee in Mandalay. He passed Dhammacariya exam one year ahead of me. Then he went back to his native place and set up a Monastic Education Primary School. It is located on a hill of Naung Taung village northeastern to Hopone town. This school has an interesting story. Before it was in the village. Later it moved to a new place after an old one was burnt down by a fire. The whole school was gone with the fire. Nothing left. At that time U Razinda was in Mandalay with some reasons. When he came back, he had to start from the beginning. With his great effort, he has set up a primary school for Koyins (samane) and boys and girls alike. At the time we went there, there were around 200 Koyins and 20 boys and girls. This is just an estimated number, may be more than that.

(photo) Resident Koyins taking lunch

3 comments:

  1. I'm really very pleace to see and if I get a chance, I will give a visit to Hopone !! Thanks for your information (U Zin). Thanks.

    Kway Som, Lon Lal Dyar Ow !!

    @Khun-Lazer@ www.khunpaoh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for ur visit Khun Lazer. In fact, he (U Rajinda) wanted to meet u too. I told him about u. and I thought u r in TGI. He wanted to launch a website for his school. and I think you can help. when i got back TGI, I tried to find you. but I was told that you are somewhere away from home. Please visit him when you are back. As nobody is there to share his effort in setting up a necessary education school, I took this as opportunity, and made a blog for that only. thanks again. have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are very happy to hear about the progrming of Naung Taung Sayadaw and his follower Dayaka(suppoter). So I've believed I am going to see "LO AR JAR NEE" in Pa-oh land.
    Thank u very much!!!

    ReplyDelete